Chun's addiction
Sunday, April 27, 2008
So soon but yet so far...

It's nearly the middle of 2008. Something tells me the year's going to pass by quickly.

So what's new? I'll tell you what's new!

For the best part of easter six adventurous University students laid base in a country shaped like a shoe - Italy. We landed in Rome, then traveled to Venice, Florence and then back to Rome. Rome was awesome, we might have actually seen everything there is to see there - Colosseum...and stuff.

Yeah about the Colosseum, we got a tour guide and he seemed to be a very interesting man. I think his name is Gianluca or something Italian-ish According to him, the movie 'Gladiator' got it all wrong. Apparently gladiators are comparable to modern day footballers - rich, skillful and famous. They train really hard with an ex gladiator for years and years, working hard each and every day. So it would seem a waste to send one of them to their death every time there was to be a battle between gladiators. Thus no gladiators were killed, only the losers left wounded. The gladiators only killed in fights with prisoners and the occasional lions. The prisoners were not big and muscular, quite the contrary really. It would seem to be a very easy challenge for the gladiators and I would think they would always win. Here's the funny thing, when the gladiator finally has the chance to kill the prisoner he looks to the Emperor. The movie shows the Emperor using a thumbs up as kill, or a thumbs down to spare him. According to Gianluca a thumbs up meant an erection and a thumbs down meant limp, so it was unlikely the Emperor would have used his thumbs. Haha funny stuff, when he said that I was ROFLing nonstop.

Ah yes. Venice. Nice place, didn't like the green water though :(. Venice was the place where I finally knew that gelato meant ice cream. When I was young and munching away at sweets I always looked at the back of the packet to see the ingredients and gelatin always caught my eye. Gelatin, as in tasteless jelly made from animal fat, ligaments, bones, skin etc. Naturally I thought gelato was an Italian way of saying gelatin so when YX and gang wanted to eat gelato I was like... wtf?

Florence, what a beautiful place. It must be at its best in easter cause it seemed very heavenly to me. Just wow, I cannot describe it.


This is not Florence btw, it's Venice. :)

Anyways, back to Manc. My flatmates and I have found something entertaining to do. Ever heard of "You spin me round (like a record)" by Dead or Alive? It's brilliant and it's used in the funniest website ever...meatspin.com. My flatmate Mark was playing it one day and I thought of showing him the site to his disgust. We then thought of an excellent idea, here's what generally happened in stages:
1. Flatmate X goes to use the toilet/kitchen
2.Mark,Chun goes into X's room, infiltrate his computer
3.Set up homepage as "www.meatspin.com"
4.Set picture as desktop background
5.Exit room and laugh our @$$ off
6.Flatmate X enters room and exits it shocked (most of them don't know how to change their homepage back. ROFL)
7.Flatmate X then wants in.
And thus begins a cruel spiral with everyone getting "meatspinned". If any of you noticed my facebook status as saying "...is meatspoin boy" you might have guessed that it was not me who wrote it but my cheeky flatmates who stormed into my vacant room and meatspinned my computer whilst I was having a nice, hot shower.

Oh wow, I never noticed how long my hair is :s. Might need to get a haircut tomorrow. Sighs.




WHOA. Haha I'll try to update much more in the future. Till then BYE BYE :).
posted by chun @ 8:10 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: chun
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Chunner's Lair

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER